1. Tracking System –
The monitoring of a patient’s vital signs and conditions ought to be the primary function of any medical software. Heart rate, pulse, blood sugar level, blood pressure, and calorie intake should all be able to be tracked by medical software. Your user experience is improved by the software having such a competitive feature.
2. Scheduling and Reminders – An effective EMR system features scheduling and reminders. Scheduling appointments is what makes the process easier for a physician or nurse to schedule follow-ups and make appointments. The reminders help remind a user when it is time to get an appointment scheduled for their patients’ follow-ups.
3. Document Management – Medical software should have document management capabilities, which include the ability to retrieve and manage patient information from different types of supporting documents such as lab results and prescriptions.
4. Insurance Processing – The most important aspect that any medical software must have according to your company’s needs is the ability to process insurance claims as required by your healthcare provider’s contract.
5. E-Prescribing – There is a new and upcoming software feature that has been recently introduced in the medical industry. It’s known as e-prescribing. An e-prescribing system allows physicians and other prescribers to send prescriptions via the web directly to their patients’ pharmacies of choice.
6. Online Data Sharing – The most important feature that any enterprise healthcare software must have is the ability to share its data among different institutions such as hospitals and clinics, which are located in the same geographical area. This is where an interoperability protocol comes into play between hospitals, clinics, and software vendors.
7. Mobile Computing – Mobile computing in the healthcare industry is becoming more and more popular. This is because, with the advancement of our current mobile phones and tablets, medical software can now be accessed from anywhere.
8. Medical Career Management – The next advancement in medical software is a medical career management system. With this, users can create their own fields to track all their contacts, reviews, practice history, and other professional achievements.
9. Integration with Other Software Solutions – Currently, many different types of applications and software solutions are being developed in the medical industry. However, most of them are not compatible with other technologies due to their specific features or functions being used for each respective application or software solution.